Founders Go Big
Launch NY’s Longstanding Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. The Founders Go Big initiative is designed to enhance the engagement of underrepresented, underserved founders in creating high-growth potential businesses.
61 Companies in our Founders Go Big diversity and inclusion program
We are here to serve you.
Launch NY has been committed to serving all entrepreneurs with big ideas since 2012. It is a safe space and we actively welcome individuals from all walks of life who share our mission of creating inclusive economic prosperity through high-growth potential entrepreneurship.
We cultivate a culture of inclusion and connectedness, knowing that it takes our entire community to build a truly robust entrepreneurial ecosystem that supports all promising startup businesses through our open network of team members, Entrepreneurs-in-Residence, partner organizations, and funders.
Each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a big role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviors, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our diverse perspectives and encourage others to do the same.
At Launch NY, we inspire to try new things, speak openly, and be bold— together.
Founders Go Big Program Description
JPMorgan Chase’s funding spurred Launch NY to introduce the Founders Go Big initiative in 2020 to enhance the engagement of underrepresented, disadvantaged founders in creating high-growth potential businesses. The program’s aim is to identify innovative business owners, educate them and our community on the benefits of equity investment; inspire current and potential founders through the example of our program members, and engage with founders while introducing them with the broader entrepreneurial ecosystem. The goal is to build individual company successes, while creating a community in which all individuals can be empowered to transform the local economy.
Meet Our Current Founders Go Big Companies
What Founders Go Big Provides to You
- Pro bono support from a diverse pool of experienced Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIRs)
- Opportunity to apply for $5,000 to $20,000 of seed funding for your company
- Preparation for accessing $50,000+ in Launch NY investment
- Access to resources and programming to help move your business forward
Who Can Apply
- Startup business located in area served by Launch NY (27 westernmost counties of NY state)
- Underrepresented or underserved founders (women, BIPOC, or other entrepreneurs facing extra barriers)
- Building a high-growth business
What to Expect
- You’ll hear from our team so we can learn more about your business and you can learn more about how Founders Go Big works
- Founders Go Big companies will work with an Entrepreneur-in-Residence to develop your business model and apply for funding
- As you grow, we grow with you through free mentoring and connections to funding and other resources build and scale your business